Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Keggar Wisdom

I was on the phone today with someone who described himself as “an executive recruiter”. Being able to often tell a person’s approximate age by how they present and speak on the phone, my guess is this young man was about 8 months removed from his last college keg party. He assured me on the phone “that his company KNOWS sales”.

That was really interesting to me because I don’t have the faintest idea what that means.

I’m not going to blame his lack of experience for making such a preposterous claim. I hear people and companies saying such things all the time.

If someone wants or needs what it is you’re “selling”, they will do so independent of anything you do or say. The sole exception is they believe you to be an utter nincompoop and request someone else to handle the transaction and subsequent account management.

Anything beyond that I will defer to the “keggar kid” whose company know sales.

No comments: