Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dentist the Menace

Talking with a guy I knew who's in the salesforce training business. I ask him what's new in his line of work and he tells me something very interesting.

He said Dentists were his fasting growing clientele.

Think about it for a second. Your a Dentist, a highly-skilled professional. And you know your doing your job well if your clients don't need your services!!

An oversimplification, of course, but there's more than a shred of truth to that statement.

But any Dentist with business sense knows there's A TON of money sitting on the table but they need to tread carefully. Top-notch preventative care, cosmetic procedures and many other things people need done but choose to delay it until their mouth explodes with pain or their teeth look so bad they could walk on the set of "Deliverance II" and immediately be awarded a part.

So hooray for the dental profession to collectively say "..ummm...what's the best way to go about this.."

Timing is a funny thing. It wasn't long after I learned that MY DENTIST decided it was a good idea, without my permission, to send a group TEXT MESSAGE about something entirely irrelevant to me and my particular dental needs. I was on a business call at the time. An inbound text message on my cell phone caused a sound interruption slightly less loud than a nuclear bomb detonation. Extraordinary.

Every time I think the very basics of marketing and sales can be understood by a reasonably intelligent Golden Retriever, something like this happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about?

Anonymous said...

What are you taking about?